Travel and Accommodation
Both domestic and international travel connections to Turku are good. Turku is located on the southwest coast of Finland some 170 km from Helsinki, capital of the country.
There are several airlines operating directly to Turku. The airport is about eight kilometers from the city centre which can be reached by taxi (approximately 20€) or by local bus (3€).
Please see this link for the flight connections in Turku airport:
In addition you can reach Turku with a bus from Helsinki. There are long distance bus connections leaving approximately every hour from Helsinki to Turku and the traveling time between Helsinki-Vantaa airport and the Turku bus station is about two and a half hours.
- www.onnibus.com/en/index.htm (the fares vary between 6€ to 20€ one way)
- www.matkahuolto.fi/en (transfer possibility directly from the Helsinki-Vantaa airport)
The national train company VR departs from the local railway stations all throughout Finland. There are two railway stations in Turku: The main railway station (rautatieasema) which is at the city centre and the Kupittaa railway station which is about 1.5 kilometers from the city centre.
There are also two cruise lines which have regular connections between Stockholm and Turku:
- Viking Line http://www.sales.vikingline.com/en/international/
- Silja Line http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/web/int/book-a-cruise
The Port of Turku is approximately two kilometers from the city centre.
- Linnasmäki (about 4 kilometers from the city centre) www.linnasmaki.fi/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=7&Itemid=55
- Hostel Borea right in the city centre: www.visitturku.fi/en/hostel-borea_
- Bridgettine Sisters' guest house (centre): www.kolumbus.fi/birgitta.turku/index.gb.htm
- Bed and Breakfast Tuure (centre): www.netti.fi/~tuure2/en/
- Hotels cost +- 100 € and you can find a list in www.visitturku.fi/en/majoitus/hotellit
Getting to the fair from Turku city centre
To reach the fair from the city centre there are good bus connections. A single bus ticket (3 €) is valid for transfers on all local buses for up to two hours. Please see the Turku Region Traffic website for bus line guide and timetables http://www.foli.fi/en/timetables/bus-line-guide-popular-destinations
Bus line 100 operates from the Market Square to the Fair and Congress Centre. The departure stop at Market Square is T1 on Aurakatu. Line 100 route:
MARKET SQUARE T1 - Aurakatu - Eerikinkatu - Humalistonkatu - Ratapihankatu (Railway Station) - Pansiontie - Ruissalontie - Vaasantie - Pansiontie - Länsikaari - Messukatu - Kirjaltajankatu – TURKU FAIR CENTRE
Other bus connections to the area: buses 32 and 99 to the Fair and Congress Centre.
Please see further info: